Terms and conditions
This policy applies to information collected on this website and our associated websites. We’re referring to these sites collectively here as “our website”.
We are the Data Controller of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We only collect information about you that:
- Helps us make the site work better for you
- Lets us contact you if we need to
- Lets us give you accurate local information if you need it
- Shows us how you are using the site, so we can keep improving it.
- Helps us understand why you support our work, so we can better meet your needs and find more people like you.
- Parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can use services or complete transactions. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In many cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address for correspondence. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
The information we collect
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us email
- Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services
- If you send us feedback, your message will be kept
What are cookies?
How we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Payment transactions are encrypted.
The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We’ll do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
Any information we collect is used to:
- Improve the content and design of the website
- Let you use interactive features, when you choose to do so contact you, with your permission
- We never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
Use of postal addresses and phone numbers
If you enter your postal address or phone number into any of our online forms, we may use these details to contact you, unless you ask us not to. If you have given us your postal address or phone number and would prefer not to be contacted by these means, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation for law enforcement purposes
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
- Ask us not to process your personal data
- See information we hold about you
- Ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected
For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to the Data Protection Officer, Alocura, 1 Smithy Court, Smithy Brook Road, Wigan, WN3 6PS
When we are satisfied of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose. We may ask you to pay a fee.
Please contact us at the same address if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected.
Links to and from our website
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) then sends these cookies back to the website on each subsequent visit so that they can recognise you and remember things like personalised details or user preferences.
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential to make the site work and look correct.
- Functional cookies improve your experience of the site, remembering your preferences, such as your accessibility settings, helping to make the site accessible to users with different needs.
- Performance cookies are used to help improve the performance of our site and help us learn what works best so that we provide you with the best experience.
We use functionality from social websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google to allow you to share content from our site on these social networks and use their functionality. These sites use third party functionality cookies to allow this to work.
We may also use third party behavioural advertising cookies to help make our advertising to you as relevant and useful as possible.
How do you stop cookies being used?
It is possible to stop some or all cookies working on your browser (opt-out), although this may stop our website from working properly or impair your experience.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- "Account" means a unique account created for You to access Rostrata or parts of Rostrata
- "Application" means the software program provided by Alocura, downloaded by you on any electronic device, named Rostrata
- "Company" (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Alocura
- "Country" refers to United Kingdom
- "Cookies" are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- "Device" means any device that can access Rostrata, such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- "Personal Data" is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- "Service" refers to Rostrata.
- "Service Provider" means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Alocura. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by Alocura to facilitate Rostrata, to provide the Rostrata on behalf of Alocura, to perform services related to Rostrata or to assist the Alocura in analysing how the Service is used.
- "Usage Data" refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of Rostrata or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- "You" means the individual accessing or using Rostrata, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Rostrata, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, County, Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using Rostrata.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Rostrata that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access Rostrata by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Rostrata or when You access Rostrata by or through a mobile device.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using Rostrata, in order to provide features of Our Application, We will collect, with Your prior permission:
- Information regarding your locationWe use this information to provide features of Rostrata, to improve and customise Rostrata. The information will be uploaded to Alocura’s servers and/or a Service Provider's server and it may be simply stored on Your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of Rostrata.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of Rostrata. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of Rostrata that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through Rostrata
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service, for payment processing, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Alocura will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obliged to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at Alocura’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
The Service Providers We use may have access to Your Personal Data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about Your activity on Our Service in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By visiting this page on our website: www.rostrata.alocura.care
- By sending us an email: email@example.com